Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Potato Latkes for Hanukkah


 Every year this time I try to make potato latkes a little different then I have in the past.  This year I added shredded carrot, salmon and pineapple to the regular recipe.  I will pass on the recipe

Three cups of shredded potato (I buy the bagged shredded frozen hash browns)
One cup minced onion
One cup shredded carrot
6 ozs of drained crushed pineapple
8 ozs of canned salmon (tuna can be substituted)
2/3 cup of flour
2 eggs
Salt (Old Bay works too) and pepper to taste

Mix ingredients together and pat into patties.  Don't make them too thick--thin is better.  I put mine in the freezer for about 30 minutes to make them firmer to fry.
Heat oil and fry latkes until brown on each side.  Drain on paper towels.
Top with either sour cream (I add hot sauce or wing sauce to mine) or applesauce.

No comments: