Search This Blog
Thursday, December 22, 2016
How to get tickets to the Smithsonian African American Museum
I know that many people wanting to see the new National Museum of African American History and Culture have been unable to get tickets. You now maybe able to get tickets for April and May starting on January 4th. Here is the information they sent to me:
"The National Museum of African American History and Culture is honored to have welcomed more than 600,000 visitors since opening. As our gracious patrons, we want to notify you of some new information about timed passes and visiting the museum in the coming months.
NEW options for visiting the National Museum of African American History and Culture starting December 19:
• The museum will discontinue distributing same-day, in-person passes at 9:15 daily. However, same-day, timed passes will be available online through the museum’s website, nmaahc.si.edu/sameday, starting at 6:30 am daily.
• A limited number of walk-up passes will be available starting at 1 pm Monday through Friday. However, no walk-up passes will be available on Saturdays or Sundays due to high visitation.
• Non-commercial group visits of 10 or more, including student groups, will now be available for scheduling up to one year in advance by visiting nmaahc.si.edu/groups.
NEW schedule for April and May 2017 passes:
1. On January 4th, Advance timed passes for April 2017 will be available online starting at 9 am by visiting nmaahc.si.edu or by calling 866-297-4020.
2. On February 1st, Advance timed passes for May 2017 will be available starting at 9 am by visiting nmaahc.si.edu or by calling 866-297-4020. "
Posted by duanestclair at 5:04 AM