Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2016

So what did YOU do at work today?


     So last week I noticed a lot of activity on Lake Elkhorn and a number of people sliding along on the frozen lake.  Being nosy I decided to see what was going on in the above picture.  I figured that it was a training exercise that the Howard County Fire and Rescue people were doing.  


     I was right that it was a training exercise on how to rescue someone who had fallen through the ice.  It made me cold just watching them.  But it also made me think first of all how dedicated you have to be to have a job like this and second that they probably had an interesting answer when their spouse asked them how their day went.

#hocoblogs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those folks are GOOD! They pulled two kids out of the Patapsco River just below the Daniels Dam a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/ellicott-city/ph-ho-cf-patapsco-river-water-rescue-0211-20160208-story.html