Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Latest Food Finds at Family (International) Market in Long Reach

You may be tired of hearing about my food finds at the Family Market in Long Reach but it is my favorite weekly shopping trip until Wegman's opens.
The pastries above are called Mochi.  My favorite is the peanut mochi.  They are like a gummy donut with all types of fillings.
Above is granulated honey powder.  Sweet with a taste of honey.  Good in coffee or on cereal.
I have saved the best for last.  The custard filled pastry at the Bon Appetit counter in the back of the store is the treat I look forward to the most.  Trust me these are worth the visit to this market.

P.S.
American Bandstand remembered.  I remember watching the show at my grandparents house near Philadelphia in the summer.  In that area they got an extra hour of Bandstand that was just a local show.  Many of the singers on the local show, like Chubby Checker, Frankie Avalon, and Bobby Rydell, became famous when they appeared on the national hour later.

No comments: