Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Wes Moore is running for Governor of Maryland

    


      Many of you may not have heard of Wes Moore who is running for the Democratic nomination for Maryland Governor this year.  I met Wes when I was working on a Baltimore Grandfamilies program more than 12 years ago.  He had contacted me to talk about how a program he was developing in Baltimore could partner with our program.  My program worked with grandparents (mostly grandmothers) who were raising their grandchildren.  Wes was developing a program working with youth being raised by single mothers.  I came away from that meeting thinking I had never remembered meeting a more dynamic or charismatic person in my life.  I said to some people that I may have met the person who might be the first black President in our Country.  Of course, Obama hadn't appeared on the scene then.  I knew I would be voting for him one day.  Now is that day.  I want to share the life story of Wes now.

    The local campaign manager for Howard County has organized the local effort to get out into Columbia this Saturday to get Wes' message out to our community.  To help this Saturday and future Saturdays here is the information:

  

Knock on Doors for Wes in Howard County

WhenSat Mar 19, 2022 10am – 1pm (EDT)
WhereWarren's Barbershop, 7290 Cradlerock Way, Columbia, MD, 21045
WhoWes Moore for Maryland*

To email for more info contact:

Brittany@wesmoore.com

    #hocoblogs

No comments: