Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blandair Park is finally here!

When I was umpiring softball years ago I was thrilled to hear about the planned softball fields right up the road from where I live.  I didn't really enjoy traveling to Rockburn, Centennial or Cedar Lane fields. Unfortunately lean budget years slowed down the development of the Blandair Park. After watching the progress of the park for over the past year today I went by to see what the finished Phase 1 looked like.  This is only the first of eight phases.  Later phases will include the softball fields.
   The synthetic lacrosse fields are first class.  Just like most of the amenities of Howard County.

P.S.
Standing around watching the lacrosse match today in beautiful March weather I remembered all those early March days watching my daughters playing softball and freezing on cold, windy March days.  A few times we had to go into our car just to warm up.

No comments: