Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Soon BJ's will mean a restaurant rather than a warehouse shopping store

     It wasn't too long ago when I was surprised to see construction fences around the area in Columbia Crossing Shopping Center where Macaroni Grill had been for a number of years.  The building was being torn down and soon signs for a new restaurant went up.


    The signs for BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse confused me.  Was it a burger place or a pizza place?  Apparently it is both in addition to having a large selection of craft beers.  Doesn't it seem as if craft beers are everywhere these days? Even the family themed Red Robin burger restaurant has reformatted itself to increase alcohol sales.  I remember a time in the past when you went to a restaurant to eat and a bar to drink.  Now the two seem to have become blended as bars have expanded into more extensive food menus.
     For anyone wanting to try this restaurant chain out before the Columbia restaurant opens you can try the one in the Town Centre of Laurel on Route 1 Laurel where the old Laurel Mall was.

#hocofood



1 comment:

bosoxbrent said...

I've been going to BJ's Brewhouse chain locations for years when I'm on travel out west. They have pretty decent food and beer. It is sorta along the same lines as Gordon Biersch if you are familiar with that chain.

I went to the BJ's in Laurel last year for Father's Day. Its good, but it's also a ride from where I live. I'll be happy to have one in Columbia. When they open up, be sure to save room for the Pizookie. You'll love it!

-Brent