Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2015

Cuban done right


     Years ago having Cuban food meant a trip to New York or Miami.   I remember traveling through a rough section of Miami to try some real Cuban food.   Now it is available with a short drive down Route 29 to Burtonsville.





Cuba de Ayer is owned and operated by a Cuban family that knows how to provide authentic Cuban dishes like the Picadillo dish of ground beef with Cuban spices pictured below.


      The fried sweet plantains and rice and beans are great also. Somehow I find myself at this restaurant every month or two.



   The Cuban sandwich is one of the best I have ever tasted.

     Pork seems to be the most popular meat in Cuban food as seen in the Pernil marinated pork dish shown below.



P.S.
    Soon we may even be able to try this food in Cuba.  Visiting Cuba is on my bucket list.


#hocofood

No comments: