Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Leek rings??

    Always looking for some food twists I found a new one worth sharing.  One problem with onion rings is that the frying process makes the onion mushy and tasteless.  If you like to eat fried crust I guess this is fine but I have always wanted to taste the onion.  I have found a better way to make these rings.


     I have used leeks as a substitute of a long time.  With a stronger taste than onions it is worth using instead of an onion in any recipe.  Leek soup using chicken broth instead of beef broth is one of my favorites.  This week I thought I would try one more substitute---leek rings.


     

   These rings needed far less batter and the leeks held up much better than an onion in the frying process.


hocofood@@@

No comments: