Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Google withdrawal

       Last week I spent a week without internet connection.  Not getting email wasn't bad, not blogging no problem.  But what I really missed was not having access to Google on my smart phone.  I am one of those crazy people who googles 15 to 20 times a day just to answer a question I have about something or when someone asks me a question to which I don't know the answer.  Many times I have googled the answer before the person has finished asking the question.  Do you know how frustrating it is to not be able to find the answer to a question and it stays with you all day long??    I had to wait to get home to find out  whether Splenda really adds a chlorine molecule to its molecular structure to make sugar lose its calories.  It does.  Now I am looking for something else to sweeten my drinks.  When I heard we were in the Gulf Stream I couldn't find out how much this added to the speed of the ship on which we were sailing.  About 5.6 mph.  Not much help when we were heading into 60 knot headwinds and 15 foot waves last Friday night.  It is a unique experience to be on a ship that rides up a wave that size and then drops down the other side.  They told us the ship was built to withstand hurricane force winds of 100 knots.  Which of course made me wonder how knots translate into miles per hour.  Apparently 1 knot equals 1.15 mph.  Without Google I was just guessing.
        I don't want to live in world with Google.

P.S.
Today's Ravens poster



No comments: