Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Is it all about how you market a product

  This political season we have all watched as politicians recast themselves it fit the best political position.  Re-marketing a product as something new is an old marketing technique and I was reminded of this in BJ's Wholesale market this week.


   I have never known any man who uses Dove soap.  Somehow the pitch for this product has always been aimed at women. The marketing department at Dove soap must have realized that they were missing half of the population and decided to re-package their soap with a new scent and market the product to men.  When I looked at the ingredients of the soap for men it was the same as their regular soap. Are men gullible enough to be taken in by this marketing ploy with its "invigorating formula"?  Uh, I think I just answered that question!

No comments: