Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

New Asian and International Market

     After reading about the new international market in Catonsville in HowChow I had to take a look. Yesterday being in the area I decided to do some shopping there.  I can say that I have found my new favorite market.  The Lotte Plaza is in the space that used to be the Toy R Us on Route 40 in Catonsville.  Just a little over the Howard County line.  I have been sorry to see the deterioration of the Family Market in Long Reach.  Aisles that once carried a variety of items are now bare
  The shelves of the Lotte Plaza market are full with just about any Asian product you could want.  They also have a good range of Mexican items too.  Lots of hot sauces from which to choose.
    There were abundant selections of frozen foods with all the usual Asian items

    The thing that sets this market apart from the other international markets I have visited is the fruit and vegetable sections.  Everything looked fresh and with a wide variety of choices.  I didn't have time to look at the seafood section yesterday as I had to get to a meeting in Baltimore but I will definitely plan another visit with more time to browse the store.

    Pictured below are some of the items I purchased.






No comments: