Thursday, July 7, 2011
10 Things Howard County needs
1) Washington Metro Stop- Really tired of having to go to Greenbelt or Silver Spring to catch the Metro
2) Radio Station- Towns a fraction of the size of Columbia have local radio stations. I do remember the short run of a station in the Columbia Mall of a station that came out of Laurel years ago
3) Minor League Baseball team- Why is it that the Orioles have always placed their AAA minor league team so far away from Baltimore? Who ever went to Rochester or now Norfolk? Wouldn’t a team in Howard County draw big crowds to see a AAA team? Maybe the Orioles are afraid too many people would choose AAA or the major league team with its overpriced seats and stadium food.
4) Roys Place II- We now have a wide range of sandwich places—some chains and some local- not bad but for those of us that remember when Roy’s Place II was where the 3 Guys place is now off Snowden the fun was going there to select from sandwiches that were unique. My favorite was the Sigmund Freud of ham, fried oysters and cole slaw. Now I have to try and recreate it at home.
5) Whole Foods Store- I guess with the Wegman’s we are getting closer to a Whole Foods store but I could never understand why this county wasn’t seen as a great place for a Whole Foods store. If you want to see what I mean go to the Whole Foods store in Fairfax Virginia.
6) Charles Theater type movies- Why can’t one of our movie theaters have one screen for the movies we have to go to the Charles in Baltimore or the Janis theaters in DC?
7) New Affordable Starter Homes- Are the only new homes that are feasible in Howard County 3500 square feet and cost $450,000+?
8) Free outdoor ice skating rink in the winter—Ideally somewhere near the Town Center or at one of Park and Rec’s Parks. Other towns do this in unused parking lots. It might be expensive because of the winter temps here requiring it to have some refrigeration.
9) Antique Car show—With all the aging baby boomers this should be popular. Could be part of a 50’s themed weekend with restaurants having some items on their menus with 50’s pricing.
10) Welcome Center- To show why Howard County is the 2nd Best Place to live in the County. Similar to the Columbia Visitor Center to highlight the diversity of Howard County and its people.
If you anyone job hunting pass along this information.
Is you think you have heard everything about why we need healthcare reform read this
Posted by duanestclair at 4:33 AM