Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Crab Pizza? What could be more Maryland


While I have never been a fan of seafood pizzas which usually involve putting seafood, usually shrimp, on a white pizza I have begun to think differently with the following recipe for a Maryland crab pizza.  The difference in my thinking is the ingredient that replaces the tomato sauce.  Somehow the loss of tomatoes and sauce made seafood pizzas bland.  So what is the great ingredient that makes this pizza different?  Crab dip.  I used the crab dip they sell at the seafood counter at Giant and it made the pizza.  So here is my recipe.

Homemade pizza dough or good quality dough
1 cup crab dip
1 cup lump crab meat
Mixture of mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese (Colby jack works well too)
1 tsp of Old Bay seasoning

Toppings suggestions (optional)
Sweet corn kernels (I sauté in a little butter to make them better)
Diced tomato
Bacon bits
Jalapeno pepper if you like that kick
Pineapple
Red onion

Spread crab dip on pizza dough
Spread cheese on top
Spread lump crab meat on top
Put on toppings (Have to use the sweet corn at least)
Sprinkle on the Old Bay

Bake at preheated oven at highest temperature (550 degrees for me) on the lowest rack you have.  Preferably on a pizza brick.

P.S.



No comments: