Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2015

Baldwin Station


      Somehow having a daughter move to Sykesville in the past year has caused me to go by the Baldwin Station restaurant regularly now.  The old train station has been turned into an upscale restaurant by Stuart Deary.  I used to work with Stuart many years ago when he did home repairs for senior citizens.  It is strange to see how the young man with the long hair in a pony tail has aged into an older distinguished looking business person.
     So seeing a Groupon sale for Baldwin Station recently I decided it was worth another visit.  This is a restaurant that it is easy to drop $100 for dinner for two with no drinks.
     Started off with the stuffed figs for an appetizer but found the goat cheese overwhelming the sweetness of the figs.  Wouldn't recommend.


     I had the Fettuccine Del Mar like what is pictured above.  This is a dish with seafood in a pomodoro red sauce.  Good but the sauce was a little too sweet.



     My dining partner had a citrus and ginger grilled Mahi Mahi like what is pictured above that was very good and I would recommend.
     My recommendation is to call the restaurant and find out when they have short ribs.  They are GREAT!


   Having the creme brulee for dessert was a great way to top off the meal.


P.S.
Melanie Safka performed this song "Look what they've done to my song" at Woodstock back in 1969 and has a new update version with Miley Cyrus that is pretty good


#hocofood

No comments: