Search This Blog

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pumpkin sweet potato pie


   Sometimes combining two good things makes each better.   It used to be this way around this time of the year when I would have to decide to make a pumpkin pie or a sweet potato pie.  I liked each and would end up making one of each for Thanksgiving.  One year it dawned on me that it might be interesting to combine the ingredients of both pies into one pie.  I liked the results so much that now this combination pie is all that I make.  Here is the recipe that makes two of these pies.

1 cup pumpkin
1 cup canned mashed sweet potato in heavy syrup (use as much of the heavy syrup as you like)
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar (or to taste.  This can be substituted with sweetened condensed milk)
1 graham cracker crust pie shell
Bake about 40 to 45 minutes

I like to add a tablespoon of Marshmallow Fluff to each slice.  Ice cream also works.


No comments: