Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2014

New burger champ in Howard County

 

    I have been trying different restaurants 1/2 price burger nights since Coho's has closed for renovation.  This week led me to Bistro Blanc in Glenelg on the recommendation of Annie Rie.  We talked at last week's blog party and she recommended the lamb burger at Bistro Blanc and suggested trying their Wednesday 1/2 price burger night.  As you can see above the have an extensive wine collection and a wide range of beers.

  The lamb burger was one of the best burgers I have ever had.  It was juicy and very favorable with just the right amount of seasoning.  I unfortunately started eating the garlic seasoned fries before getting a picture so I am sharing the one below from the HoCo bloggers at 2Guyswholovefood.  These are not your regular side of fries but a nice mixture of fries with many different spices and seasonings.


     I was surprised how few patrons were there when we got there at 5:30.  The western HoCo crowd must be a later arriving crowd than at Coho's.  I must say that their math seemed a little off when we were charged $10 and $8 for half priced burgers listed on the online menu for $16 and $14.  I enjoyed the meal so much I didn't mention the issue with the waitress who had been very good with our service.

hocofood@@@

2 comments:

Annie Rie said...

Glad you found them.

You should have challenged them on the bill. Sometimes the newer help doesn't pay attention. And, the web site is not always current.

I give them grief about the web site.

Still, they make awesome food.

Anonymous said...

Great review, Duane. Unfortunately, my wife works Wednesday nights so I'll have to pay full freight.