Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's November and that means deer


    Seems that deer like the suburbs as much as people do.  Every November we are vividly reminded of this reality.  The buck above seems to like to bed down in our yard at night.  A doe is not far away.  While I enjoy the visual sightings of these large "wild" animals I must admit that my plants have seen significant damage in the past few weeks.  Below are just some of the plants the deer have been eating.



   Contrast that to the earlier Summer picture of the plants in my yard shown below.



    At this time of year I guess this is the price we pay for deer trying to fatten up for Winter and raging hormones of male deer!  Just a word of caution on the roads these days, especially at night.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your posts everyday and have been missing them lately. I hope all is good with you. Looking forward to reading more from you.