The 13 mile, history-filled ride through Columbia is a self-paced ride utilizing Columbia’s paths and street connections where necessary. The annual event highlights the history, arts and culture and environmental features found in Columbia while introducing new ways to make the connections between villages.
This year’s BikeAbout route will take riders through parts of Oakland Mills, Long Reach, Town Center and Wilde Lake. Featured interpretation will include:
- Blandair Park – Phase 1 is open – what’s next?
- Woodlawn Slave Quarters - CA’s sensitive restoration helps interpret Howard County history
- Oakland Ridge Industrial Park – Columbia’s first industrial area has become a hidden marketplace
- Thunder Hill street – from Sleeping Dog Lane to Soaring Hill – the story behind the street names
- Jackson Pond – from farm pond, to experimental storm water retention, to neighborhood amenity
- Symphony Woods and Downtown Redevelopment – past, present and future
Pre-registration for the BikeAbout is encouraged. Registration can be done online. Forms are also available at Columbia Archives, located at 10227 Wincopin Circle in Town Center or Columbia Association headquarters, located at 10221 Wincopin Circle.
For more information, go to www.ColumbiaArchives.org email Columbia.Archives@