Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2019

So much for tax cuts paying for themselves

 
Image result for deficit under trump compared to other presidents
   How many times will Republican voters let their elected officials promise that their tax cuts will be revenue neutral?  Guess how much the tax cuts increased the federal deficit? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice I should have voted for a Democrat.

P.S.
     I have pointed out before but I will remind everyone that the Republican's tax cuts are never about reducing the deficit but giving them the pretense to push forward their desire to cut social programs. 

P.S. 1
    Social Security and Medicare are usually the first areas Republicans attack to deal with the budget deficits.  The problem with both programs is that there is a cap on the amount of income that is taxed. Removing that cap makes both programs fiscally solvent for the foreseeable future.





No comments: