Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gold Rush Alaska on the Discovery Channel

         Some days I just don't have much to share so I thought I would just share a program that I have got hooked on on the Discovery Channel on Fridays at 9 pm.  Gold Rush Alaska is one of those reality shows that cable channels seem to have created in great numbers.  Most are fairly shallow or downright stupid but Gold Rush Alaska has a storyline that grabs your attention.  A group of mostly amateur gold miners make all types of mistakes in their pursuit of striking it rich. The season two will be ending soon but past episodes are online at their webpage and Discovery usually reruns the shows at some point.

P.S.
Come on nighttime bikers!  As a biker myself I realize that we can ride in a way that can get us killed.  My wife came onto a biker on Oakland Mills Rd the other night with just a tiny flashing light.  He was wearing dark clothing and she came on to him on a turn so she didn't see him until it was almost too late.  I know that biking is good exercise and maybe a healthy way to get to work but it is just stupid to ride on the roads with no shoulders in the dark .  My wife was glad she didn't have to carry the memory of killing a biker the rest of her life.

P.S. 2
 LUNCH & LEARN-CREDIT REPAIR & HEALTH WELLNESS SEMINAR

Columbia Town Center Apt. Homes
10360 Swift Stream Place | Columbia, MD 21044 |  
SATURDAY 2/18/12 @ 10 A.M. & TUESDAY  2/21/12 @ 12 P.M.DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM UNION JACKS RESTAURANT BY COLUMBIA MALL.COME IN MAIN ENTRANCE, TAKE STAIRS OR ELEVATOR TO 1ST LEVEL, EVENT TO THE RIGHT. ADDITIONAL PARKING IN LIBRARY PARKING LOT. For more info sandrasassistant@yahoo.com

No comments: