Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A little taste of India in Columbia---Mirchi Wok and Mango Grove

From my weekend posts you can see that on weekends my mind turns to food and I always scan the restaurant reviews in HowChow. My favorite restaurants tend to be ethnic. From the Cuban food at Cuba de Ayer in Burtonsville to Thai at Bombay Delight to Vietnamese at Pho Dhe Thanh we are blessed with good ethnic restaurants close by and don’t have to travel to DC or Baltimore anymore.

My favorite restaurant in Columbia is still the Indian food at Mirchi Wok. I almost always go to the lunch buffet. The nice thing about this restaurant is that it is next to its sister restaurant the Mango Grove and you can visit both the buffets for the price of one. I have never eaten dinner after having the lunch buffet. Order a Mango Lassi to drink then head to the buffet for an amazing array of Indian dishes. The naan bread is great and you could fill yourself up with just the bread. Save room for the desserts. The Indian version of rice pudding is great as is the mango desserts and the Indian version of donut holes in a sweet syrup is fantastic. Sorry I don’t know the names of those items.

No comments: