Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Seven years of blogging--what's next

      Seven years ago I attended a session on blogging and thought it might be a way to reconnect with Howard County after having spent the previous 10 years working as a consultant mostly outside the County.  I wasn't sure how well it would work or how long I would do it.  Surprisingly I still blog although not as frequently as I once did.  I no long feel the need to blog as much anymore.
      In the past year I recognize that I have become a little obsessed with the ridiculous Trump administration.  I didn't start my blog to be dealing with politics and have stayed away from local politics.  I have to admit I am tired of posting on Trump.  He is a bully, obscene, immoral and a buffoon.   He is a test for how strongly we as a Country value our democratic values.  Having said that I am done with posting on this topic.  Time to move on.
     The area that still interests me is how to live reasonably and frugally in our expensive community.  With Howard County's per capita income near the top nationally it is even more important that we evaluate the value of what we spend our money on.  We live in a commercial world that is always trying to get us to buy the newest and sexiest product.  We overspend on products that soon lose their value and our interest instead of saving and living a more moderate lifestyle.  Our hope is that our incomes will rise fast enough to cover the costs of our increasingly expensive consumer lifestyles.  The question I pose is "Can a person of modest income still live in Howard County?"
      You will notice the change in my future posts in the direction of living more frugally in Howard County.  While most of the posts will have application anywhere I am interested in focusing on applications targeted to Howard County.  I hope people reading this blog will provide me with their own areas of living frugally in our County.  My blog title will stay HoCo Connect but what I will be connecting on will change.  I also hope to get more comments on the posts.  Let's see where this goes.

#hocoblogs

1 comment:

Columbia Tech said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I love reading from bloggers focusing on Howard County. Please continue on this work.