Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Warning to men---the sky really is falling

     This week I happened to hear these two stories of note for men on NPR.   The first is this story on the dropping sperm count for men in the past 40 years.   The report states:

    "Sperm counts appear to be plummeting throughout the Western world, according to a large study of men around the world.  An international team of scientists analyzed data from nearly 43,000 men in dozens of industrialized countries and found that sperm counts dropped by more than half over nearly four decades.  "I think that we should take this very seriously," says Shanna Swan, a reproductive epidemiologist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. She helped conduct the study published in the journal Human Reproduction Update. "I think it's a wake-up call," Swan says."

    Later that day they had a report that scientists are discovering more species of animals where females can self fertilize.  Those tricky females!  For human males we better hope women don't learn how to solve their own computer issues in the near future or we are really done!

     

2 comments:

Elizabeth | Take on E said...

I don't know about self-fertilization, but I'm fine with there being a little less sperm in the world: There are WAY too many people on this planet. And thanks for the offer, but I'm already pretty dang handy with a computer... ;)

duanestclair said...

I knew I would probably get a comment from a woman on the computer part of the blog! I have known some really good women computer users.