Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2017

Gun advocates in their alternative world


      Yes, we live a liberal bubble in Columbia.  A trip to many other parts of our Country shows how different we are.  The picture above was taken in Florida, a gun loving, stand your ground kinda place.  That is a non functional weapon on top of this Jeep.  It was proudly parked outside a guns and ammo store.  I kinda expected a bumper sticker on the Jeep that said "My other vehicle is a tank."
      I have long recognized that I will never fully comprehend the mentality of people living in the 21 Century thinking that carrying guns for personal protection, like it was the 19th Century in the Wild West, makes sense.   I can understand hunters and other recreational users of guns.  As a former hunter/gun owner who grew up in a rural area I knew many people who owned guns for those purposes.  I can't imagine any of them ever thought of packing a sidearm when they went to town. It's the concealed weapons, stand your ground advocates that I don't understand.
       The latest example of distorted thinking was the recent House Republicans voting to give people the Social Security Administration has determined to be mentally incompetent to handle their own affairs the right to own a weapon.   I know that the NRA feels that any, and I do mean any, restrictions on owning a weapon is a slippery slope they will fight us going down.

P.S.

This is who supposedly need extreme vetting



But not this person



P.S.
    Proud to be a Marylander!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is not a functional machine gun. You are incredibly naive.

duanestclair said...

Did you notice I said it was a "non functional" machine gun. I am not naive as you claim.

Anonymous said...

You are triggered over a fake gun? I'm really not sure if I should take you seriously or not.

I guarantee that legal gun owners like the one pictured in your post do less harm than Muslim immigrants from terrorist nations. But who am I to get in the way of your feelz.

Anonymous said...

God, how I miss the Peoples Republic of Columbia...