" I have the pleasure of working with a 20 year old young woman who is expecting her first baby in early November. She has experienced many challenges in the past year, including a move to a new apartment, an injury that restricted her ability to work, and the relocation of her family to another state. In spite of these major events, she has remained positive and excited for the future. I'd like to help her receive the support that she needs to achieve the goals that she has set forth for herself and her child. One of the things that would be of tremendous value to her would be assistance with the purchase of baby supplies and gear. She would like to return to work and resume her studies at the local college after her baby arrives, and she will need some essential items in order to make her plans a reality."
Available at Babies R Us:
1) Evenflo Embrace LX Car Seat-Penelope-99.99
2) Graco Travel Lite Crib with Stages - Spin (pack & play) *109.99
3) Baby Trend Snap N Go Stroller base 99.99
4) Medela BPA Free Feeding Gift Set (bottles & accessories to go with pump)29.99
5) Pampers Swaddlers Newborn Diapers Super Pack - 88 Count *-24.99
6) Pampers Swaddlers Size 1 Diapers Super Pack - 100 Count *-24.99
7) Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes - 800 Count-23.99
8) Crib sheets (pink preferred)
9) Playtex Diaper Genie Refill Set - Multiple Packs appreciated-16.99 a piece
Available at Target:
1) Boppy Bare Naked Pillow with Slipcover - Pink Owl-35.99
2) Munchkin Contour Foam Changing Pad-34.99
3) Safety 1st Deluxe Healthcare & Grooming Kit -19.69
4) Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Degree Humidifier - Blue-25.99
5) Girls' 3 Pack Hooded Bath Towels Multi Color OSFM - Circo-12.99
6) Similac® for Supplementation Ready-to-Feed - 2 fl oz bottles (8 pack-7.19)
7) Sealy SecureStay Crib Mattress Pad-15.99
8) Sabrina Soto™ Lola Changing Pad Cover - Tile (cover for changing pad)-12.99
She is also in need of smaller items, including: newborn socks, newborn hats, washcloths, bottles, pacifiers, onesies, shampoo, bottle cleaners/drying rack, and toys.
Please respond if you are able to provide any of the above items, either new or very gently used. Items may be dropped off to our office between September 26-30. Please call first, so we can be certain that someone is here to accept your donation."
Thank you again!
Erica B. Byrne, LCSW-C
Voices for Children, Inc.