This past week on our beach trip to Rehoboth I was able to visit my favorite hot sauce store called Peppers. This place is a "candy store" for someone like me. You can order anything they have through the mail. The most interesting thing about hot sauces is the names. Most are a variation of something like "Burn your A** Sauce" or "Alien Anal - Probe Xtra-Terestial Hot Sauce" or something else mildly obscene. I even found one that was an "Elvis Hot Sauce." Is there anything that you can't put Elvis' name on? My recommendations are:
1) Hot Raspberry Thunder Sauce
2) Melinda's Mango Coconut Sauce
3) Baron's Banana Ketchup
I was disappointed that they didn't have the banana hot sauce that I love with scrambled eggs. Sounds weird but it gives eggs the best taste you can imagine. I will leave you with a great hot sauce dip recipe that you just don't think of the calories. Buffalo chicken dip
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, drained (or equivalent rotisserie or freshly-cooked, chopped chicken)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup red hot sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese, you decide how much
- crackers or good bread to dip
- Beat cream cheese, ranch dressing, and red hot sauce.
- Fold in shredded chicken.
- Spread mixture into pie plate sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Add cheddar to top and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.